Sunday, November 19, 2006
A What's so Happy Birthday
I looked at the calendar today, and I realized yet another birthday is coming up. In mere days, I will turn 23 years old. While 18 is legally the age of adulthood, it felt more like a grace period. It is as if I am trying out the notion of being an adult, without committing to the concept that from this moment on...this is the rest of my life. By 21, a person is offered alcohol with the full support of the state. For me, the four years between my 18th birthday and the very end of my 21st year are a blur of self doubt gripped with budding ego. So here I am as my 22nd year of existence ebbs to a close, and I am left with a restless sense of my grace period coming to a close. With that door shutting, the future seems to be an endless fantasy waiting to be explored.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment